Major reasons for launching this Action
The major objective of the ADMIRE COST Action is to improve knowledge-sharing, expertise, discoveries, tools and access to clinical samples within a connected research community. This will facilitate more effective translation of research knowledge into clinical practice benefiting patients worldwide. The ADMIRE COST action covers almost all aspects of aldosterone and mineralocorticoid biology, physiology, pathophysiology, clinical outcomes and therapeutic applications making it unique in a global context.
The Action will allow the consortium to:
- structure and enhance the excellence of European research in the field to increase its international impact;
- rapidly identify novel clinical indications for MR antagonists;
- identify new signalling pathways of aldosterone/MR to uncover new therapeutic targets;
- develop new biomarkers of aldosterone/MR activation in order to better identify patients aimed to receive such personalised therapy;
- stimulate interest of Small-Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and large pharmaceutical companies in novel targets and biomarkers to develop diagnostic tools and drugs.